Tony Robbins is not a man born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He grew up in a family in which there was nothing to eat, his parents divorced, he had to work to help. Over time, he took his life in his own hands and is now world renowned trainer, motivator, helping millions of people in poverty by his foundation. And what's stopping you to contribute something to this world?
In his book
Money: Master the game
, He interviewed some of the richest men in the world, and shares their experiences and principles that have made them such.
The road to success goes through psychology. If you still have this issue with this area of life, if you are uninterested, maybe you should change your mind. The engine of any action of man is powered by at least one of these things:
- Need for security and comfort - One feels the need to have peace for tomorrow - to be able to feed, clothe and protect himself and his family.
- Uncertainty and variety - When you do the same for a long time, it is possible the thing to become boring and that evaporates the enthusiasm and passion, and we start looking for another job, activity or relationship. This is part of the way in which functions the human psychology.
- Significance - I compare this need with ego. The man with the ego feels the need to be popular to be something more than the others, to be right, and so on. Other forms which can be expressed this need is to have problems. See me how I have big problems! Third fill the sense of importance by spending more, most - often by buying things that have no real need.
- Love - Whether it's just sex, just platonic or a combination of both - love is the engine of life. Without it, the world would not exist. It can be a powerful engine or brake depending on the lens of the mind, which coincides.
- Growth - We all have hopes and dreams that our future will be better, that things will improve.
- Contribution -Many people reach a point in life where they do not see more sense to accumulate knowledge, money, fame. They understand that you will not take it to the grave. For this they try to contribute something to the world - to help those suffering or starving, to educate, to make people's lives after them a little bit better.
What people search in money: security - for tomorrow, independence and freedom - that will be able to manage their own action tomorrow, regardless of anything or anyone.
Knowing what drives your world and the world of others around you is perhaps one way you can get control of yourself and not take it too personal things that do not correspond exactly to your reality and understanding of the world.
The entry point to the game of money is to be grateful - you're alive, you're okay, you got a roof over your head. Gratitude is the antidote against fear, anger and uncertainty. If a person acting under the influence of any of the three emotions are likely to fail to reach the wealth.
Emotion comes from the action. The action shakes the energy and kills fear. One will not achieve much if only the collects knowledge, but does nothing with it.
- First step - saving - Carpe diem - Live for the Moment. Many people live with this motto. But, as in everything else, balance is an important issue here too . If too much of "living" at the end of the day you don't have a cent, this lifestyle is not sustainable in long term.
- Step Two - earn more than you spend and invest the difference. - Tony Robbins is strongly influenced by the philosophy of Jim Ron. He teaches you to invest in yourself, this way we can become more valuable. In this way we can give more value to the market and receive greater remuneration.
- Step Three - Eliminate fees. - I personally do not watch from 3-4 years and thus I do not pay for TV. Communication today is becoming more and more digital and the need for big mobile plans for private use becomes redundant. A tip from the book is not to put money in a bank, fund or any institution without first consulting a specialist because the small letters that we don't read or understand have a huge impact on the future of our savings. 50-100 dollars now can bring you a difference in the future in the thousands.
- Step Four - Learn to have a greater return and invest the difference. One learns a greater return, never stops learning. And investing new revenue will again make compound interest work.
- Step Five - adapt your way of life to match revenue. If you could choose a rich life, but in slavery or more modest life, but in freedom what would you choose? When one digs into the psychology begins to see that true happiness does not cost money.
The next move in the game of money is to start playing. Once you have learned the rules, we assessed whether we are ready to risk it's time to go. As Hristo Stoichkov said - who plays wins, who does not play will never win. An important point in this step in investing is to export your emotions out of the game. Emotions refract the levels to which we tend to lose our risk evaluation and this can cost us a lot.
An important point in investing is asset allocation. If you put all your eggs in one basket and it falls down - you will stay hungry. Moreover, and if this basket is kept by someone else - a state, an agent, friend and so on.
In asset allocation is important taking the risk into account. If the risk of two assets is different, the smarter approach is to invest less in the risky asset.
If you are interesting in the book, Tony Robbins has interviews with millionaires and billionaires, which reflects and explains with examples the above principles. Are they gonna affect you depends on you.Buy it from Amazon